FUNDY CIVIC CENTRE INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The regular meeting of Board of Directors of the FUNDY CIVIC CENTRE INC. was held at Wesley Hall on Wednesday December 12th, 2018 beginning at 7:00pm.
Brenda Leask Town of Sussex
Raya Khedheri, Secretary Parish of Studholm
Alex Coffin Manager of Potash Corp Civic Centre
Doug O’Leary Parish of Studholm
Doug Bobbitt, Vice Chair Village of Sussex Corner
Dan Reicker, Treasurer Town of Sussex
Jodi Totton-Cummings Parish of Sussex
Jonathan Grimes Kingswood University
Nelson Ball Parish of Waterford
Blair Hyslop Town of Sussex
Shelley Vail Kingswood University
Jeff Gaunce Village of Norton
Barb Daley Parish of Cardwell
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by the new standing chair, Doug Bobbitt. He welcomed our new Centre Business Manager, Zachery Black. He then presented our new meeting norms from herein. These three norms to be followed are 1. Direct any discussion through the Chair. 2. While one person is speaking, all others are not speaking. 3. The Chair will summarize the motions before presenting them for decision.
2. Doug O’Leary motioned the agenda for December’s meeting be approved. This was seconded by Shelley Vail.
Motion 12-12-18-367-12-84 Carried
3. Brenda Leask motioned the minutes from October’s meeting be approved and this was seconded by Nelson Ball.
Motion 12-12-18-368-12-84 Carried
4. The manager’s report was presented by Alex.
-The Leap fundraising Christmas dinner will be postponed until February.
-Swordfish swim practices will be done on December 17th for the year, and after this there will be evening family swims offered. Also, Centre will be open on New Year’s Day from 12-9pm.
5. Financial Report – Dan presented the financial report.
*Given the short time span (revised meeting schedule this month), the financial report could not be as detailed as normal).
Blair Hyslop motioned the financial report approval and Nelson Ball seconded the motion.
Motion 12-12-18-369-12-84 Carried
6. Committee updates
Marketing – Jodi will meet with Zach to begin looking at marketing strategies.
Fundraising – Brenda presented that Splash Cash is moving along well thus far.
Strategic plan committee – There will be a meeting in early January.
8. Strategic Plan – Payment for the Contract work for Business Manager Position will be given in form of a Gift certificate towards Civic Centre membership. It was decided that a half price family membership would be an appropriate amount (or one adult membership).
9. New Business
Doug Bobbitt thanked Doug O’Leary for his role as Chair.
10. Motion was made to adjourn meeting by Blair.
Motion 12-12-18-370-12-84 Carried
Next meeting to be held on January 24th, 2018.