FUNDY CIVIC CENTRE INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The regular meeting of Board of Directors of the FUNDY CIVIC CENTRE INC. was held at Wesley Hall on Wednesday September 26th, 2018 beginning at 7:00pm.
Brenda Leask Town of Sussex
Nelson Ball Parish of Waterford
Raya Khedheri, Secretary Parish of Studholm
Alex Coffin Manager of Potash Corp Civic Centre
Doug O’Leary, Chair Parish of Studholm
Jeff Gaunce Village of Norton
Doug Bobbitt Village of Sussex Corner
Shelley Vail Kingswood University
Dan Reicker, Treasurer Town of Sussex
Jodi Totton-Cummings Parish of Sussex
Barb Daley Parish of Cardwell
Blair Hyslop Town of Sussex
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by the chair, Doug O’Leary.
2. Shelley motioned the agenda for September’s meeting be approved. This was seconded by Jodi.
Motion 09-26-18-348-26-81 Carried
3. Brenda motioned the minutes from August’s meeting be approved and this was seconded by Nelson.
Motion 09-26-18-349-26-81 Carried
4. The manager’s report was presented by Alex. Jodie motioned the manager’s report be accepted and Jeff seconded this motion.
Motion 09-26-18-350-26-81 Carried
5. The financial report was presented. Nelson motioned the acceptance of the financial report and this was seconded by Shelley.
Motion 09-26-18-351-26-81 Carried
6. Committee Reports – At this time Shelley gave a short briefing of the maintenance committee’s latest meeting and Brenda gave a report of the fundraising committee in regards to questions/correspondence (email).
7. Old/New Business
Nelson motioned that the following people are given signing authority for the Potash Corp Civic Centre; Dan Reicker, Raya Khedheri, Doug O’Leary and Alex Coffin. Brenda seconded this motion.
Motion 09-26-18-352-26-81 Carried
*It was also clarified that all signing offers require at least two signatures.
Jodi motioned that we withdraw Motion 08-29-18-343-29-80 from our last meeting. Doug
Seconded this motion.
Motion 09-26-18-353-26-81 Carried
Doug Bobbitt motioned that we charge the Swordfish members who are currently non Civic
Centre members $20.00 as a one-time annual feel to access a card for their practice swim
times to the pool. Nelson seconded the motion.
Motion 09-26-18-354-26-81 Carried
Doug Bobbitt motioned that we clearly state to the
Swordfish that they will provide by October 15th two suggested dates of their evening
practices over the course of the fall season that will be given to family events or other
programming. Nelson seconded the motion.
Motion 09-26-18-355-26-81 Carried
Correspondence – Nelson presented Dan Reicker with a cheque for $1610.00 that was
received from Tanya Chapman on behalf of the CBDC which had been granted a funding
towards our Strategic Planning.
8. Jodi motioned the meeting be adjourned and Brenda seconded the motion.
Motion 09-26-18-356-26-81 Carried
9. Next meeting will be held on October 24th, 2018.