FUNDY CIVIC CENTRE INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The regular meeting of Board of Directors of the FUNDY CIVIC CENTRE INC. was held at Wesley Hall on Wednesday October 24th, 2018 beginning at 7:00pm.
Brenda Leask Town of Sussex
Raya Khedheri, Secretary Parish of Studholm
Alex Coffin Manager of Potash Corp Civic Centre
Doug O’Leary, Chair Parish of Studholm
Jeff Gaunce Village of Norton
Doug Bobbitt Village of Sussex Corner
Dan Reicker, Treasurer Town of Sussex
Jodi Totton-Cummings Parish of Sussex
Barb Daley Parish of Cardwell
Jonathen Grimes Kingswood University
Blair Hyslop Town of Sussex
Nelson Ball Parish of Waterford
Shelley Vail Kingswood University
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by the chair, Doug O’Leary.
2. Brenda motioned the agenda for September’s meeting be approved. This was seconded by Jodi.
Motion 10-24-18-357-24-82 Carried
3. Brenda motioned the minutes from August’s meeting be approved and this was seconded by Doug.
Motion 10-24-18-358-24-82 Carried
4. The manager’s report was presented by Alex.
*Reminder to read through Employee Handbook and Business plan as emailed by Alex, for next month’s agenda discussion.
Some discussion on the Nutrien request and proposal to change our currently Potash Civic Centre signage.
Doug Bobbitt moved that we keep the Potash Corp Civic Centre name as is currently, until we are able to further investigate our legal obligations. Jodi seconded this motion.
Motion 10-24-18-359-24-82 Carried
5. Committee updates were given by our Marketing, and Fundraising committee members.
6. No correspondence to report.
7. Strategic Plan update: discussion of Business Manager position.
8. Any other business: update of Swordfish swim team.
9. Motion was made to adjourn meeting by Barb and this was seconded by Dan.
Motion 10-24-18-360-24-82 Carried1
Next meeting to be held on November 28th, 2018.