FUNDY CIVIC CENTRE INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The regular meeting of Board of Directors of the FUNDY CIVIC CENTRE INC. was held at Wesley Hall on Wednesday January 30th, 2019 beginning at 7:00pm.
Brenda Leask Town of Sussex
Raya Khedheri, Secretary Parish of Studholm
Alex Coffin Manager of Potash Corp Civic Centre
Doug O’Leary Parish of Studholm
Doug Bobbitt, Vice Chair Village of Sussex Corner
Dan Reicker, Treasurer Town of Sussex
Jodi Totton-Cummings Parish of Sussex
Jonathan Grimes Kingswood University
Nelson Ball Parish of Waterford
Blair Hyslop Town of Sussex
Shelley Vail Kingswood University
Jeff Gaunce Village of Norton
Barb Daley Parish of Cardwell
Zachery Black Business Manager
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by the new standing chair, Doug Bobbitt.
2. Doug O’Leary motioned the agenda for January’s meeting be approved. This was seconded by Nelson Ball.
Motion 30-01-19-371-01-85 Carried
3. Shelley Vail motioned the minutes from December’s meeting be approved and this was seconded by Doug O’Leary.
Motion 30-01-19-372-01-85 Carried
4. The Maintenance Report was presented by Zachery Black. Discussion was on costs, recommendations and suggestions to improve the efficiency of the center including lighting, and heating systems. Our board recommendation was that we invite someone to come and give us a fifteen minute presentation to further investigate and before we make any decisions.
5. Manager Report – Alex presented his last manager’s report.
6. Business Manager Report
-Presentation of Business and Operational Plan by Zachery
-Zachery provided a budget proposal.
Blair motioned that the budget report be approved and this was seconded by Nelson.
Motion 30-01-19-373-01-85 Carried
Zachery the provided an estimated income statement.
Dan motioned that we accept the financials as present and Doug O’Leary seconded it.
Motion 30-01-19-374-01-85 Carried
Zachery presented a marketing proposal for Corporate Memberships and Corporate Partnership Opportunities.
Nelson motioned we allow Zac to move ahead with the new marketing proposal for Corporate memberships and opportunities. Barb seconded the motion.
Motion 30-01-19-375-01-85 Carried
Nelson motioned that Raya, Dan and Zac have signing authority. This was seconded by Blair.
Motion 30-01-19-376-01-85 Carried
7. Strategic plan update
March 27th will be our AGM, and nominating committee will be led by Nelson. Our goal is to have a short meet and greet of the new Business manager and structure (5:30pm), before followed by the AGM (6:00pm) and then our regular monthly board meeting (7:00pm).
We had some discussion about the proposed internal structure of the organization of the civic Centre. Doug B is going to talk to Zac about a few modifications and then will email the latest version out for a vote on email.
8. Blair motioned we adjourn the meeting.
Motion 30-01-19-377-01-85 Carried
*Next meeting to be held on February 27th, 2019.